Tuesday, August 18, 2009

[HeavyMetalHeaven] NEW HERE

I'm probably the only humanoid who -- with exceptions -- doesn't recognize most songs by any particular group. If I hear something,
and I like it, yeah, cool. I know some tunes, like Metalica's ballad
"Nothing Else Matters" (dunno if that's really the title, it's the
only song I recognize by 'em, though, and I know I must've heard other
stuff by 'em).

My fave band is GWAR. I like a band that doesn't just stand up there
and play instruments. Something that stands out. GWAR fits the bill.
I don't know any particular song by 'em, but I saw 'em twice and they're
definitely my numero uno fave band. Close second is KITTIE.

Chick bands also put on great shows. The Gore Gore Girls, Kittie, Cheetah Whores (local band in my area), etc. really rock.

I saw Kittie once at a local concert venue, The Waterstreet Music Hall, after they appeared at The House Of Guitars, a very popular music store in my area where they were signing autographs. I interviewed them there on Thursday, 2/7/01. I still have the tape and transcript. It was 'sposed to be in a zine but the zine went outta print after 10 issues. Trying to get it going with a "Special Edition". I'm a freelance writer who'd like to interview bands for published venues. KITTIE was my first interview.

Sorry about the rambling. Shake it easy.

------------------------------------

For MetalHeads Who Want To Have there say!
Long Live The Power Of METAL!!!
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeavyMetalHeaven/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeavyMetalHeaven/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:HeavyMetalHeaven-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:HeavyMetalHeaven-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
HeavyMetalHeaven-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment