Thursday, December 3, 2009

[HeavyMetalHeaven] Ronnie James Dio, Zakk Wylde, and tons more news

According to a posting on the BLACK SABBATH fan site Black-Sabbath.com, fans can send get-well cards to legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) through the official fan club address here:

Dio Fan Club
12400 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 624
Studio City, CA
91604

Additionally, if you'd like to send an email to Ronnie, you can do so via getwellronnie@black-sabbath.com. After a short time, Black-Sabbath.com webmaster Joe Siegler will print them out and pass them over to Ronnie and his wife/manager Wendy Dio.

Ronnie James Dio was diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer and is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic.

Dio, 67, has performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects include the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He is widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal , renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He is currently involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also includes Iommi and other former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.

HI THERE Poparazziacs,
As promised, here's more from Zakk Wylde's time in Singapore and his trip to Changi Prison.

1.30pm. After doing the Prime Time Morning interview and a lunch. We meet Zakk and climb into the van to head to Changi Prison. I'm wondering if the prison gig will be like Johnny Cash's gig at Folsom Prison. Along the way, I quiz him about his rather eventful 2009. (See the full interview in the other post).

1.55pm. We get to Changi Prison. We're told to stay in the van as they have to get the equipment – two guitars, one amp, one pedalboard, one transformer – cleared by the prison guards first.

2.05pm. "Sorry Zakk, we have to take all the beer and water out of the van. They don't allow anyone to bring liquids inside the prison." At this point Zakk quickly takes two beers and downs them. I don't actually see the point, seeing as they're non-alcoholic beer. But it's a hot day, he's thirsty, who can blame him?

2.10pm. "Sorry Chris, you have to go to the Prison Link Centre." I meet up with the rest of the journos already gathered there. We're told we have to check in EVERYTHING – mobile phones, wallets, keys, squishy toys, everything. But what about my camera? Oh, that's okay. What about my recorder? Oh, that's okay. Okay, then. We have to wait while all the equipment is cleared before we're allowed to go in.

2.30pm. Still waiting. How long does it take to check two guitars, one amp, one pedalboard and one transformer?

From left to right: Zakk, Epiphone Graveyard Disciple, some pedals and pedalboard, mic, Les Paul BFG

2.35pm. At least, I think so. Funny. Nobody in our group seems to be wearing any watches.

Somewhere between 2.45pm and 3pm. We're finally given the okay to board the bus to take us in. We head to Cluster A, the nice name for a group of five "institutions", A1 to A5, all chock-a-block with inmates (the nice name for prisoners).

It seems to take forever getting through all the scanners, body checks, double locked doors, et al. But we're finally at the performance theatre, where some 40 inmates already seated there waiting for their guitar hero. And then… "Please welcome, Zakk Wylde!" Applause from the 40 or so inmates there.

He does a long improv that included snippets of Eddie Van Halen's Eruption, whom Zakk said was one of his heroes. (But heck, he could have played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and it still would have sounded awesome, I guess.)


Then it's time for questions from the inmates.

Can you please share with us what made you the man you are today – one of the greatest guitar masters?
As far as music goes, playing with Ozzy. I started with him when I was 19, I'm 42 now. And obviously the music – it's like sex, nobody doesn't like music. I started when I was about 8, I just wanted to do normal things that kids do, and I be practising on the guitar. But I lasted about one summer, then I quit playing music. But when I was 14, I started to pick it up again. And I saw this guy, he had long hair, was drinking beer and playing guitar. And I thought, I want to be like him. I was playing in crappy bars in New Jersey and this guy saw me and said, "Hey did you ever think about playing for Ozzy?" He knew this guy called Mark Weiss, and he gave a tape of me to Ozzy's wife Sharon. They flew me out to Los Angeles for an audition, I ended up crapping in my pants. But got the gig.

Ozzy said, "Zakk, do me favour, play with your heart, but change your underwear – and don't crap in your pants." That's how I got into it. It's still the same thing now. So, drinking beer and playing guitar, that's how I became the man I am today.

Just now you played Eruption. What other artiste do you have as influences?
Obviously Eddie Van Halen, you got to give it up for Eddie. Randy Rhoads was huge on me, still is. Obviously Jimi Hendrix. Frank Marino, Robin Trower, all the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page… as I got more technical on guitar, I listened to Al di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucia, a flamenco guitar who's just insane. I learned something from somebody, except from Mark.

You have taken me to dreamland, and I wish to play guitar like you. Can you tell me how to do it?
Lots of beer! Just kidding! It's the same thing: A lot of practice. Always get started. Somebody better than you – you can learn from them, the basics anyway. Then it's just a matter of practising over and over again. Just like bangin' the old lady – over and over again. That's what it's all about: It's just practice. The main thing is: Find somebody you know who can really play.

Zakk, thank you for coming to our little world here. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you and appreciate it. It's pleasure having you here. On the outside, I don't think I would get the chance to meet you in person, but in here, I get to see you live.

Is he going to ask a question? asks another inmate. Apparently not.

Everyday, I put in two hours of practice and I still suck. How many hours do you play a day?
I still jam everyday. It's not the same as when I first started playing. That was 10, 12 hours a day. As soon I got home from school, I'd start practising, come down for a crap and a piss, then go back up to jam again. I'd fall asleep in school the next day. I'd take my guitar magazine and stick them into my books. Obviously being on the road, when I'm on the tour bus, I'll take a guitar and practice while watching sports or something. If you really want to do it, you'll find some way to do it, just like anything else.

Why did you choose to use Gibsons?
I think Fender makes great guitars and Jackson too, but I've always wanted a Les Paul ever since seeing pictures of Jimmy Page and Randy Rhoads. That was the goal when I was a kid. They sound great, they look cool. You can't beat that. But this guitar right here that they made for me, the Epiphone Graveyard Disciple plays like a killer too.

Then the inmates get Zakk to play another tune. It's a haunting song that leaves all the inmates with a look of pure admiration and joy on their faces. When he finishes, the cheers and applause say it all. He agrees to take pictures with the group, and they file out. But not before we get one of them, 39-year-old Malmsteen (not his real name) to talk to us:

Zakk hugging the inmates before taking a photo with them
Of course I enjoyed his performance. When they told me he was coming about two weeks ago, my jaw dropped. Because I wouldn't be able to see him outside, but here in prison, I not only get to see him, but also get to shake his hand and take a photograph with him.
Most of them are guitar fans. We enjoyed it very much. We really appreciate him coming here and inspiring us with the music. Music is an international language that all people can excel in.
Here, I'm learning classical guitar here from Alex Abishgenaden. I used to play guitar when I was outside. If I have the opportunity to do something with music when I get out, why not? I've been playing the guitar since I was 12. I'm now in the Peforming Arts Training Centre, PATC, maybe if I'm good enough, I can transfer to the Peforming Arts Centre (PAC), they are permanently based here.
More shows like this? Yes, of course, why not? Any artiste can come, jazz or classical. But I'd like to see another rock guitarist – Mr Yngwie Malmsteen.

Then it's time to go shoot some scenes of Zakk and the prison surroundings. But first, we're once again subjected to checks, etc, before we can leave the building.

Once outside, we start shooting Zakk at the prison wall. Only about two hundred metres of the original Changi Prison wall still exist, the rest have already been torn down. We don't take too long because it's hot. "Did somebody turn the furnace up?" asks Mark Ferguson, Zakk's tour manager. No, Mark, haha! It's always oven hot in Singapore! What a kidder! Still, we beat a hasty retreat to the aircon cooled van.


Tour manager Mark Ferguson (left) and Zakk outside the old Changi Prison entrance

Then it's time to change our passes and leave. But not before the prison official reminds us, "Hey, can you not publish the pictures with the inmates' face and the guards' faces in them? It's for security reasons," he says. To confirm, he scans through the pictures and marks those for deletion. And we're off back to the hotel. On the way back, FHM quizzes him for their story. I zone out until I hear, "I'd like to be featured with a whole bunch of Barbie dolls on the cover. And I'd be like making out. And I could be like Ken, except that I want to have genitalia."
Right. Thanks, Zakk. As Vinny Jones said in Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, it's been emotional.
Legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER , GUNS N' ROSES) has issued the following update:

"The [LAYN Rocks!] fundraiser at the Avalon [in Hollywood] was a complete success. The concert raised $170,000 for Los Angeles Youth Network [LAYN; a non-profit organization providing services to homeless and runaway youth] and made it possible for them to keep open their doors.

"If you were there, thank you so much for your support.

"The gig itself was awesome. All the guests that appeared brought their A game, made a tremendous effort and really made it a special event. There were some fantastic moments up there that night, for sure.

"I want to thank Ozzy, Perry Farrell , Billy Idol, Chester Bennington, Andrew Stockdale, Travis Barker, Dave Navarro, Steve Adler, Duff McKagan, Franky Perez, Chris Chaney and George Lopez for their selfless contributions. I want to thank the amazing crew who made the whole thing come off without a hitch and did it for little to nothing. And everybody who donated generously to the cause. I also want to thank KLOS, The Huffington Post, the L.A. Times, the L.A. Weekly and Fox Sports News for their time and effort in helping to advertise and help make this a sellout rock and roll show, the likes of which could never be duplicated.

"My solo record is about to go into mastering. It sounds really good already, but that's the final step in the recording process and then it is finished.

"There is a lot of really cool plans being made for the release of this album. It's going to be a blast.

"I have a new 'Slash model' Les Paul in the works. I just saw and played the first prototype; it's killer. There is also a Marshall 100wa amp being developed that I'm helping design that shouldn't be too far off as well.

"More news on both those items as it develops.

"I'm also playing a few songs at the KLOS Christmas party December 16th at the Nokia Theater along with Steve Lukather, Jason Bonham and a host of others which promises to be a good time, I'm sure."

Slash performed a song called "By The Sword" off his upcoming self-titled solo album at the LAYN Rocks! benefit concert on November 22 at the Avalon in Hollywood, California.
VELVET REVOLVER /ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan has penned the latest installment of his weeky financial column, "Duffonomics", which appears at Playboy.com. An excerpt follows below.

"The music business is changing so rapidly, in fact, that if a book were published on the topic today, it would be out of date by spring. Back in 2004, when I was writing a semester-long university paper on digital rights management (basically, the factors that go into splitting the profits on a song you pay for online), I was thwarted by the almost weekly changes happening in that specialized sector alone. But change brought on by newer and better technology doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. It's just a fact of life, and musicians either have to adapt or get new jobs.

"Existence is a comfort zone for most musicians however, while major label executives are clenching hard right now just trying to make a buck. The difference between the people that make money off of music and those that actually make the music is now really starting to widen."

METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, LAMB OF GOD, MEGADETH, AC/DC and SLAYER are among the
nominees for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday,
January 31, 2010 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The nominees in the "Hard Rock" and "Metal" categories are as follows:

Best Hard Rock Performance:

* AC/DC - "War Machine" (from "Black Ice")
* ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
* LINKIN PARK - "What I've Done" (from "Road to Revolution: Live at Milton
Keyes")
* METALLICA - "The Unforgiven III" (from "Death Magnetic")
* NICKELBACK - "Burn it to the Ground" (from "Dark Horse")

Best Metal Performance:

* JUDAS PRIEST - "Dissident Aggressor" (from "A Touch of Evil Live"
* LAMB OF GOD - "Set to Fail" (from "Wrath")
* MEGADETH - "Head Crusher" (from "Endgame")
* MINISTRY - "Señor Peligro" (from "Adios...")
* SLAYER - "Hate Worldwide" (from "World Painted Blood")

Other categories of interest:

Best Rock Instrumental Performance:

* JEFF BECK - "A Day In The Life"
* BOOKER T. JONES - "Warped Sister"
* BRAD PAISLEY - "Playing With Fire"
* BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA - "Mr. Surfer Goes Jazzin'"
* STEVE VAI - "Now We Run"

Best Rock Album:

* AC/DC - "Black Ice"
* ERIC CLAPTON & STEVE WINWOOD - "Live From Madison Square Garden"
* GREEN DAY - "21st Century Breakdown"
* DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - "Big Whiskey And the Groogrux King"
* U2 - "No Line On The Horizon"

The 52nd annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live will be broadcast live in
high definition TV and 5.1 Surround Sound on CBS from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
EST.

Nominations for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards were announced tonight by The
Recording Academy and reflected an eclectic mix of the best and brightest over
the past year in music, as determined by the voting members of The Academy. For
the second year, nominations for the annual Grammy Awards were announced on
primetime television as part of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! â€"
Countdown To Music's Biggest Night". The one-hour special â€" broadcast live on
CBS from Club Nokia at L.A. live â€" featured the announcement of nominations in
several categories as well as performances by the BLACK EYED PEAS, DJ/producer
David Guetta, Maxwell, Nick Jonas & THE ADMINISTRATION, Sugarland, and host LL
Cool J. Presenters included LINKIN PARK, George Lopez, Katy Perry, Smokey
Robinson, Ringo Starr, T-Pain, and Dwight Yoakam.

Carl Sundberg, the host of "The Edge" show, which airs on Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY radio station, recently conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. The chat is now available for streaming using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On where the rumors of a "Big Four" tour (featuring METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX) came from:

Mustaine: "Well, I don't know where that came from and we still haven't gotten anything official on that. But if it's gonna happen, you'll know. I have no reason not to do it. I've made it absolutely clear to the people that we work with what our touring requirements are. The more important thing right now instead of speculating on what's gonna happen is what's for real. For real right now is we have a new record out ['Endgame']. For real right now is we're out on tour with MACHINE HEAD and what's real right now is that this SLAYER/MEGADETH tour is coming up after the New Year's, and after that we've got some enormous festivals that will be happening, but it ain't happening here — it's overseas. And a lot of the stuff everybody's wondering about, there's a lot of talk about that still, but it ain't over here."

On the past friction between SLAYER and MEGADETH and whether there are still "barbs" being thrown between the two bands:

Mustaine: "No, and there are no barbs. You are perpetuating bullshit from the past. That's the past, man. That was 19 years ago. Unfortunately, cats like yourself that don't know that it's the past, they don't know any better and they keep putting wood on the fire. The bands... I mean, Kerry [King, SLAYER guitarist] was in my dressing room in Japan partying with me, so you tell me. Anybody that keeps saying there's a problem, once they've been notified that they're just trying to cause problems... And we tour well together. The first couple of dates we did in Canada, we did it just to see how we would get along and it was great. And then we went down to Australia and we played down there and that was great. We know it's good business for both bands. The two bands are both really intense bands, they both have fantastic live shows. As a music fan, I would wanna go see this thing, just because of the brutal power and energy of SLAYER and the finesse and
guitar skills of MEGADETH. It would be definitely a heavy metal fan's wet dream, because if you like it fast and aggressive, that's one of the things SLAYER is known for, and if you like that guitar pyrotechnics, that's what my band is famous for."

On who will headline — MEGADETH or SLAYER — on the upcoming "American Carnage" tour:

Mustaine: "The way that it's working on this thing... When we were up in Canada, we flip-flopped because it's just the way that it was working. Different territories call for different positioning. We figured that it was easier for us with what we were doing with projection and stuff like that to go on before SLAYER because they use pyro. And the use of all of those curtains and projector screens and stuff around, all that flammable stuff, it's better that we take it down before they start lighting fires, you know what I mean?! And there's the fact that SLAYER's been together without incident for pretty much their whole lineup. We've had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of personality conflicts, a lot of personality disorders, and we've survived a lot of stuff, but, man, there were a lot of setbacks and there was a lot of time lost. So while the perception is that we're both really two big bands, SLAYER's got more time under their belts with consistency,
and I think the promoters look at that and they factor that into the situation. Now, I think that if you ask any of the eight of us, we would all say that we're happy to be out here playing with each other. [Dave] Lombardo [SLAYER drummer] came in my dressing room in Japan and said, 'I need to talk to you,' and took me aside and said some really encouraging things. So I think it's a great thing."

On what he was trying to with "Endgame" that he hadn't with MEGADETH in the past:

Mustaine: "Well, having a new guitar player with Chris Broderick, Chris is a wunderkind. I thought that I had outdone myself with [former MEGADETH guitarist] Marty Friedman, who is a great guitar player. Chris is everything that Marty wanted to be and then some, because Chris is a guitar player who loves playing guitar, who loves playing metal music and I believe that Marty just wanted to play music in general and he didn't really care too much about what was going on with MEGADETH, he was kind of always doing his solo stuff. Chris is much more of a team player. No offense to Marty, 'cause Marty is a good guy, but the dude put on a kimono for a reason. He moved over to Japan and he loves the Japanese culture. I like Japan, too, but I wouldn't live there. I would feel like I was in the middle of outer space because of the language barrier and the food. I mean, I've been there before, and I'll tell you what — there's only so much sushi you can eat."

On his recent statement in Gutar World magazine that he's got one more album to do and that he's retiring:

Mustaine: "Well, this was pretty much when things were going really well with Roadrunner [MEGADETH's record label]. But we don't talk anymore at all, so I'm just biding my time to get away from them, and I don't wanna go out with my last record being with the record company that doesn't appreciate me being there. So we're getting ready to write this record, hand it off to them and then go and see what the world holds in store with us, because I know that there are a lot of people that would be proud to have me, proud to have MEGADETH. Whether the records sell or not, there is a certain prestige of having a legend on your label."

W.A.S.P. has been confirmed for next year's Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 9-12, 2010 in Sölvesborg in southern Sweden.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

ALDO NOVA (CAN)
ANVIL (CAN)
BACHMAN & TURNER (CAN)
BIGELF (US)
D-A-D (DK)
JORN (N)
MOTHER'S FINEST (US)
RICK SPRINGFIELD (AUS/US)
SABATON (S)
SAGA (CAN)
UNISONIC (D)
W.A.S.P. (US)

This year's festival was visited by 35,200 people, but in 2010 the maximum number of visitors will be limited to 33,000.

For more information, visit www.swedenrock.com.

Marilyn Manson has parted ways with longtime record label Interscope following the disappointing sales performance of the shock-rocker's latest album, entitled "The High End Of Low". "We've just been released from our record contract with Interscope so I think a lot of the creative control on which my hands were tied on a lot of choices — the music videos — things like that," Manson told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine. "And the first example is the newest video, they clearly wouldn't have allowed me to make that video. So we started writing new songs on the road — a bit like [David Bowie's album] 'Aladdin Sane' — I think people can expect a new record a lot sooner than we [expected].

When told that he doesn't seem like someone who wouldn't put his foot down with a label, Manson said, "You'd be surprised how much restraint my creativity had which ended up often times in my life, not want to make music because I was so restrained from the music that I wanted to make — what they would allow, they would put out, what ideas they would allow to be conveyed in these videos. At least half of my creative output has been squashed, so now I think people can expect a whole lot more."

Trent Reznor of NINE INCH NAILS signed MARILYN MANSON to his label Nothing Records, a vanity label of Interscope, in 1993. Nothing Records became defunct in 2004, and MARILYN MANSON remained signed solely to Interscope.

"The High End Of Low" sold 49,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart. It has shifted 121,000 units to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

MARILYN MANSON's previous album, "Eat Me, Drink Me", opened with 88,000 units to land at No. 8. This marked a significant drop from the 118,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "The Golden Age Of Grotesque", which entered the chart at No. 1 back in May 2003.

"The High End Of Low" was Manson's first album with longtime bassist Twiggy Ramirez since 2000's "Holy Wood".

Produced by Manson, Vrenna and Twiggy, "The High End Of Low" was recorded in Manson's Hollywood Hills studio. Manson said of the album, "I think my life definitely ended and began. The record sounds very final, but it's almost optimistic — though that feels like a strange word to use. It's a phoenix from the fire and a redemption resurrection."

The "censored" version of the "Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon" video can be viewed below. The clip was shot with director Delaney Bishop, a filmmaker and photographer based in Los Angeles. He has directed music videos for JURASSIC 5, CUT CHEMIST and ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK. Delaney has also worked on a twenty-minute short entitled "The Death of Salvador Dali" featuring Manson's ex-wife Dita Von Teese, a project which broke new ground in new media, as the film was made available for download through iTunes.


"Heartkiller", the new single from Finnish "love" metallers HIM, will premiere in the United States on MySpace on Friday, December 4. The track is the first single from the band's upcoming album , "Screamworks: Love In Theory And Practice", which will be released by Sire Records on February 9, 2010. Recorded at The Lair in Los Angeles, the CD was produced by Matt Squire (TAKING BACK SUNDAY, THE USED, SAOSIN) and mixed by Neal Avron (LINKIN PARK, WEEZER, FALL OUT BOY).

"Screamworks: Love In Theory And Practice" is HIM's seventh studio album and the follow-up to 2007's "Venus Doom", which debuted at No. 12 in the U.S. and was nominated for a Grammy Award for "Best Boxed/Special Limited Edition Packaging". In 2007, HIM, which is Ville Valo (vocals), Mige (bass), Linde (guitar), Burton (keyboards), and Gas (drums), supported METALLICA in Europe before joining the LINKIN PARK-headlined Projekt Revolution tour across America, and headlined its own U.S. theater tour. The band's 2005 album, "Dark Light", has the distinction of being the first album by a Finnish band to be certified gold in the U.S.

"Screamworks: Love In Theory And Practice" track listing:

01. In Venere Veritas
02. Scared To Death
03. Heartkiller
04. Dying Song
05. Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness)
06. Love, The Hardest Way
07. Katherine Wheel
08. In The Arms Of Rain
09. Ode To Solitude
10. Shatter Me With Hope
11. Acoustic Funeral (For Love In Limbo)
12. Like St. Valentine
13. The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness

Ville Valo recently told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine about the forthcoming CD, "Lyrically, it's the most sexual [album], the most horny one, we've ever made. The horny and the horned. Like the IMPALED NAZARENE song. It's got that and a sense of immediacy: 'I want it now, now, now.' It's not about being poetic or forlorn about something that is about to happen, it's actually about something that is happening at this very moment in time."

He added, "I like the immediacy of it. There's a lot of information put in short songs and they don't let go. That was the whole vibe for me. You should have seen me working the vocals out in the middle of the night, amongst my taxidermy owls in the tower screaming my guts out, unable to stop until 9:00 a.m. and then sleeping on a couch for two hours before starting again. So the whole process of the album is very close to that mental boner that just didn't go away."

Los Angeles metallers FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH will headline the second night of next year's Hammerfest II festival, set to take place March 11-13, 2010 at Pontins, Prestatyn Sands, North Wales, United Kingdom.

The festival billing is now shaping up as follows:

AKERCOCKE
ATTICA RAGE
BELLIGERENCE
CARS ON FIRE
CONQUEST OF STEEL
DARK FUNERAL
DEVILDRIVER
ECHOVIRUS
EPICA
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
GODSIZED
HEATHEN
HELLFIGHTER
HURON
ICED EARTH
ISOLYSIS
KATATONIA
MALEFICE
MAN MUST DIE
MARSHALL LAW
NAPALM DEATH
NO MADE SENSE
ORANGE GOBLIN
PANIC CELL
RISE TO REMAIN
SHINING
SKINDRED
SONDURA
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
THE MORE I SEE
TONY MARTIN'S HEADLESS CROSS
WARPATH
WHITE WIZZARD
ZICO CHAIN

The original Hammerfest brought together some of the biggest names in metal for a truly memorable weekend at Pontins, Prestatyn Sands, North Wales. Headliners OPETH, SEPULTURA and SAXON were joined by the likes of HAMMERFALL, PARADISE LOST, SKINDRED, CATHEDRAL, ARCHITECTS and many more…

In addition to the usual Friday and Saturday night lineup, Hammerfest II will also feature an extra night's entertainment on Thursday, March 11. This comes included in VIP packages or can be purchased separately with Gold or Silver packages.

Hammerfest II is put together by Hard Rock Hell (the people behind the hugely successful Hard Rock Hell in 2007, Hard Rock Hell II in 2008 and forthcoming Hard Rock Hell III in December 2009) and the legendary Metal Hammer magazine.

Hammerfest II will be an event not to be missed. The festival will include a bumper lineup of established metal and rock acts — with celebrated veterans rubbing shoulders with the metal scenesters of today — alongside the future of metal's upcoming talent, as championed by Metal Hammer.

Hammerfest II is open to anyone aged 16 and over.

For further information and ticket sales, visit www.hammerfest.co.uk.

GAMMA RAY , SABATON, SCAR SYMMETRY and MIMIKRY are the first confirmed bands for the Rockstad: Falun festival, set to take place May 28-29, 2010 at Ingarvet in Falun, Sweden. A total of 16 bands will perform at the two-day event, which is organized by the members of SABATON.

For more information, visit www.rockstadfalun.se.

RAMMSTEIN and NILE are among the first confirmed bands for next year's Metaltown festival, set to take place June 18-19, 2010 at Frihamnem in Gothenburg, Sweden

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

RAMMSTEIN
SABATON
NILE
FINNTROLL
CYNIC

More acts will be announced soon.

For more information, visit www.metaltown.se.

'80s hard rock queen Lita Ford is confirmed to perform at the original shock rocker Alice Cooper's ninth annual Christmas Pudding concert on December 18 at Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Arizona. Also on the bill are Cooper himself, along with ROGER CLYNE & THE PEACEMAKERS, TWISTED SISTER's Dee Snider, "American Idol" contestant and valley native Scott MacIntyre, GARY MULE DEER, RUNAWAY PHOENIX, TV personality Brad Perry's aptly titled band the BRAD PERRY BAND, and RIVER OF LIFE CHOIR.

The Christmas-themed variety show is expected to lure 3,500 fans, and will include performances from the winners of this year's "Proof Is In The Pudding" contest," which was Cooper's version of "American Idol ".

"I'm so excited to play with Alice at his wonderful Christmas Pudding event," says Lita. "I'm hoping we get to sing 'Only Women Bleed' together. 'Welcome to My Nightmare' is still the best show I've ever seen and I'm a huge fan, so this is quite an honor."

Tickets are priced at $38, $48, and $203 for VIP seating, which includes a seat at one of the cabaret-styled tables in front of the stage, an artist attended pre-show reception, and a pre-show dinner. Fans can also buy four reserved seats for the price of $100. In the spirit of giving, all proceeds from the event benefit Solid Rock, whose mission is to make an everlasting difference in the lives of children and throughout our community.

To cap off a stellar year, Lita and her brood plan to lay low at home for the holidays. "After touring all over the world this year it will be nice just to stay home and watch the kids open their presents," adds Lita.

For more information on Christmas Pudding, check out www.alicepudding.com.


In collaboration with Ustream.tv and Facebook.com, EXODUS will become the first band on Nuclear Blast Records to broadcast their time in the studio in real time to fans across the globe.

When / Where / Time: The first live stream is set to take place on Friday, December 4, 2009 at 8 p.m. Pacific / 9 p.m. Mountain / 10 p.m. Central / 11 p.m. Eastern.

How to watch: Throughout the month of December, keep an eye on the band's Twitter page, Facebook page, or MySpace page for up-to-the-minute announcements on what day / time the next live streams will be taking place.

Watch the live streams at:

nuclearblastusa.com/exodus
facebook.com/exodusattack (Click on the '"LIVE" tab)
ustream.tv/channel/exodus-show

Anyone who misses the live stream will be able to watch a re-broadcast of every stream on the band's Ustream.tv channel and on the band's YouTube channel.

Fan question-and-answer: Fans are encouraged to post their questions on the band's Facebook page. Simply look for the news posting that asks fans to post questions in the "comments" section.

Fans can also ask questions in real time via the social stream on the live tab on the band's Facebook page or at the microsite on Nuclear Blast USA's web site.

At the end of each live stream session, the band members will sit down and do their best to answer as many questions as possible.

To give you a sneak peek of what's to come, EXODUS has just uploaded the first of many exclusive videos dubbed the "Camp Crunch Sessions" for recording process of the new album. The footage is viewable below.

The German edition of Metal Hammer magazine conducted an interview with EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt at this year's installment of the Graspop Metal Meeting, which was held on June 26-28, 2009 on the festival grounds of the Boeretang in Dessel, Belgium.

When asked about EXODUS' plans for a new studio album, Holt said, "Hopefully we're hitting the studio around November 1 with Mr. Sneap [British producer Andy Sneap; MEGADETH, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY]. It's gonna be sick. We have four [songs] recorded [and left over] from the last session [for 2007's 'The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A'], and I've got, like, nine [other tracks] I'm working on, and Lee [Altus, guitar] has a bunch of stuff. But this next album is gonna blow people's minds."

Regarding the upcoming CD's musical direction, Holt said, "There's a couple of twists on this. I try not to repeat every album. I mean, we did 'Tempo Of The Damned' [2004], [which was] a little more old-school, and we did 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' [2005], which was really brutal and fast, and then 'The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A' [2007], [which] was, like, longer and more epic songs. So this album's gonna have some different stuff to it. Maybe a little more dual-guitar stuff, 'cause I've been playing with Lee for quite awhile now — a little more dual-guitar harmony shred stuff. "

Sweden's OPETH, easily one of the most revered and respected bands in the metal scene and beyond for the past two decades, will commemorate its twentieth anniversary in spring 2010 with six exclusive shows that will take place across the globe in Stockholm, Sweden; Essen, Germany; Paris, France; London, U.K.; New York City and Los Angeles.

Commented frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I can't believe it, but...fuck...we're celebrating 20 years!! 20 years I've been in this band, ever since I was 16! It's insane! As far as I remember, we've never had a release party, never celebrated anything officially. Well, now is the time, you hear?

"We've set up a string of shows, six of them actually, around the world. To say that they will be super-exclusive is beyond an understatement!

"We've discussed the setlist already and it seems like we'll pull out a few songs we've never played before, some of which fans all over the world have been demanding to hear for years and years. Our main agenda for these shows is to have 'fun' whilst trying to blow your fucking minds. You could say business as usual, but really…it'll be special, trust me!

"I can't stress enough how exclusive this will be! We will not add any more shows on top of the six that we've confirmed already, so please make up your mind early on whether you wanna go or not (of course you fucking do!) as I would assume there's quite a few of our fans that might be interested in seeing a thing like this.

"We'll spend the better part of January-March rehearsing for this. All to make YOU fucking happy! OK, we'll be tight, very tight indeed… come see us! It's a celebration!"

At each show, OPETH will perform two sets. The first set will feature the band playing its breakthrough epic "Blackwater Park" in its entirety. The second set will consist of mixed material from the band's extensive catalog. The band will be playing for over two hours at carefully selected venues in order to achieve an element of intimacy and exclusivity, and an overall "You had to be there" vibe!

The venues include the famed and prestigious Royal Albert Hall in London, as well as the luxurious Lichtburg in Essen, the oldest fully seated cinema in Germany.

The band will offer exclusive VIP ticket packages to all shows which include a laminated VIP pass exclusive to each show, access to sound check, a meet-and-greet with OPETH, a t-shirt exclusive to that particular show, a signed tour program and a special edition CD/DVD of "Blackwater Park", with a 5.1 mix and a 30-minute, never-before-seen documentary all nicely packaged in a hard cover digipack designed by artist Travis Smith. The special edition will be released in March 2010 through Sony Music. All the OPETH loot will be included in an OPETH rucksack. The VIP laminate will also allow early access to venues without seat allocation so that VIP's can get the best seats in the house.

Below are the dates and venues.

Mar. 30 - Cirkus - Stockholm, Sweden
Apr. 01 - Lichtburg - Essen, Germany
Apr. 03 - Bataclan - Paris, France
Apr. 05 - Royal Albert Hall - London, UK
Apr. 07 - Terminal 5 - New York, NY
Apr. 09 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA

German power metallers PRIMAL FEAR will return to the U.S. in May/June 2010 for a short tour, following up their highly successful select dates that took place late summer 2009. Support on the trek will come from LUNA MORTIS, with special guest REDEMPTION on the West Hollywood and Santa Ana shows.

The dates, which go on sale today through EnterTheVault.com exclusively until December 29 (at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems), will include a special VIP meet-and-greet ticket which not only gains the ticket holder 60-minute early entry but also includes a very special pre show meet-and-greet and an autographed customized poster.

VIP tickets will be limited to 50 per show.

The dates are as follows:

May 20 - New York, NY @ Gramercy
May 21 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
May 22 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
May 23 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
May 24 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
May 26 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
May 27 - Detroit, MI @ Blondie's
May 28 - Louisville, KY @ Phoenix Hill Tavern
May 29 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
May 30 - St Paul, MN @ Station 4
Jun. 01 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Jun. 03 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Jun. 04 - Portland, OR @ Peter's Room
Jun. 05 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Jun. 06 - Santa Ana, Ca @ Galaxy Theatre
Jun. 08 - West Hollywood , CA @ House of Blues
Jun. 09 - Mesa, AZ @ U.B.'s
Jun. 10 - Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Jun. 12 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Jun. 13 - Austin, TX @ Emo's

Fan-filmed video footage of PRIMAL FEAR performing the song "Six Times Dead" at the Minnesota Metalfest on September 7 at the Station 4 nightclub in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota can be viewed below (courtesy of "pennypen").

"16.6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)", the new album from PRIMAL FEAR, was released in Europe on May 22 and was made available in the U.S. in early June via Frontiers Records. The CD was recorded at House Of Music studios in Winterbach, Germany with Dennis Ward and Achim Köhler.

"16.6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)" marks the group's first release with Magnus Karlsson (ALLEN/LANDE, STARBREAKER), who replaced Stefan Leibing last year. Returning guitarist Henny Wolter and Karlsson participated in the songwriting and pre-production, which took place at Karlsson's Stuntguitar Studio in Sweden. The band spent four weeks at House Of Music recording the effort, which was mastered by Ted Jensen at the Sterling Sound in New York City.

Having recently wrapped up U.S. their tour with METALLICA , Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD are celebrating their latest accomplishment, a Grammy Award nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the track "Set to Fail" from their latest album, "Wrath", which came out earlier this year on Epic Records.

Commented drummer Chris Adler: "We are honored to be nominated once again. Regardless of the outcome, we are in very elite company and it's a proud moment for us and our fans. Thank you for recognizing us; we can't wait for the afterparty!"

LAMB OF GOD was previously nominated in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the song "Redneck" from the band's 2006 album "Sacrement".

As was the case in 2006, the LAMB guys are up against some serious competition from metal forefathers and legends, including SLAYER, JUDAS PRIEST , MEGADETH and MINISTRY.

Added guitarist Mark Morton: "Wow...our second Grammy nomination! Who would've thought?? As cool as it is to even be considered for such an award, the real thrill is that we're in the running alongside some of metal's greatest and most legendary acts. This is a lot of fun...thanks to everyone that voted us in."

LAMB OF GOD is currently on tour in Australia and New Zealand, and will be back on the road in 2010 to lap the world again in support of "Wrath".

"Wrath" landed at position No. 2 on The Billboard 200 chart back in February 2009 with first-week sales of over 67,000 copies.

Ever wonder what happens in the studio during the recording process of a new album? The laughter, the frustrations, the antics? Well, we have some great news for you. Bay Area thrash metal progenitors EXODUS have just announced a series of special, upcoming live in-studio web streams throughout the month of December for the recording process of the upcoming album , "The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit B".
ritish gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST will embark on a tour of Australia in February. Support on the trek will come from the Norwegian/Spanish female-fronted symphonic metal band SIRENIA.

The dates are as follows:

Feb. 05 - Melbourne, AUS - Billboard
Feb. 06 - Sydney, AUS - Metro Theatre
Feb. 08 - Brisbane, AUS - Hi-Fi

Tickets are available at JustSayRock.com.au and Ticketek.

"The Rise Of Denial", the latest video from PARADISE LOST, can be viewed below. The song comes off the band's new album, "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us", which registered the following first-week chart positions:

U.K.: #16 (Rock Albums )
Germany: #22
Finland: #22
Sweden: #29

The limited formats of this landmark gothic metal opus include two orchestral versions of the album tracks "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" and "Last Regret", which were recorded by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra in July 2008.

The limited-edition deluxe two-CD includes special packaging (DVD-sized Mediabook with O-Card in a special leather look) and a bonus track, "Cardinal Zero", on Disc 1 plus a separate bonus CD featuring the "Lost In Prague" tracks. All vinyl lovers will be delighted to hear that the album is available as a limited-edition gatefold LP, including the bonus track "Cardinal Zero", the orchestra mixes on a separate bonus 7" EP, the entire album on CD (in a blank sleeve), and an exclusive poster.

The highly anticipated follow-up to 2007's "In Requiem", "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" was recorded at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren.

The album's artwork, which is based upon a "Danse Macabre" woodcut by Hans Holbein the Younger (first published in 1538), was created by Stefan Wibbeke at Medialogistics (LACUNA COIL, POISONBLACK).

PARADISE LOST was forced to postone six shows on its current European tour due to a serious illness within guitarist Greg Mackintosh's family.

Germany's DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER has been confirmed for next year's edition the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 5-7, 2010 in Wacken, Germany. Also scheduled to appear are U.D.O., IMMORTAL, THE DEVIL'S BLOOD and CORVUS CORAX.

In 2008, Wacken Open Air festival was honored with a Live Entertainment Award in the "Festival Of The Year" category. This award recognizes distinguished achievements in live entertainment and is given out by Live Entertainment Award (LEA) committee. The winners were announced on March 11, 2008.

Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH will return to Australia in April 2010 as part of a co-headlining tour with Arizona's JOB FOR A COWBOY. Also appearing on the bill is GOATWHORE.

The dates are as follows:

April 12 - Capitol, Perth, AUS
April 13 - Fowlers Live, Adelaide, AUS
April 14 - Billboard, Melbourne, AUS
April 16 - Metro, Sydney, AUS
April 17 - Hi-Fi, Brisbane, AUS

Tickets go on sale on Friday, December 11.

"Evangelion ", the new album from BEHEMOTH, was recently certified gold in the band's home country for sales in excess of 15,000 copies. The CD spent four weeks on the official chart in Poland, coming in at the #1 spot three weeks in a row after debuting at #2, just behind MICHAEL JACKSON.

BEHEMOTH will once again be returning to North American soil in 2010. This is their first tour in the region since their massively successful summer with the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest. Supporting BEHEMOTH on the Evangelia Amerika tour will be SEPTICFLESH from Greece and SHINING from Sweden.

Video footage of BEHEMOTH's November 1, 2009 concert at Hof Ter Lo in Antwerp, Belgium can be viewed below (courtesy of "letthedeathmetalflow").

JOB FOR A COWBOY is continuing to promote its sophomore album, "Ruination", which sold around 10,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart. The 10-song follow-up to 2007's "Genesis " was tracked and mixed at AudioHammer studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DEVILDRIVER, TRIVIUM).

"Ruination" marks the JOB FOR A COWBOY recording debut of drummer Jon "The Charn" Rice, who has toured with the band since the release of "Genesis" and features ten tracks of state-of-the-art heavy metal music.

Swedish black metallers DARK FUNERAL have scheduled the following European tour dates:

March 05 - Skövde, Sweden - Valhall
March 06 - Malmö, Sweden - KB
March 08 - Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
March 09 - Hannover, Germany - Musikzentrum
March 10 - Bochum, Germany - Zeche
March 11 - Dordrecht, Netherlands - Bibelot
March 12 - Leeds, UK - Rios (w/ AKERCOCKE)
March 13 - Glasgow, UK - Hammerfest/Pontins Holiday Park
March 14 - Nottingham, UK - Rescue Rooms (w/ AKERCOCKE)
March 15 - London, UK - Underworld (w/ AKERCOCKE)
March 16 - Zwolle, UK - Hedon
March 17 - Köln, Germany - Essigfabrik
March 18 - Vosselaar, Belgium - Biebob
March 19 - Strasbourg, France - La Laiterie
March 20 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
March 21 - Limoges, France - CC John Lennon
March 23 - Madrid, Spain - Penelope
March 24 - Alicante, Spain - Mint
March 25 - Barcelona, Spain - Salamandra 1
March 26 - Marseille, France - Les Pennes Mirabeau
March 27 - Annecy, France - Le Brise Glace
March 28 - Paris, France - L'Elysee Montmartre
March 30 - Rome, Italy - Alpheus
March 31 - Milan, Italy - Magazzini Generali

More dates will be announced soon.

Commented the band: "Our booking agency, Dragon Productions, is currently hard at work on booking a massive European tour for us that will go under the name 'A Declaration Of Hate - European Tour 2010'.

"It seems like ages ago since we last toured Europe, so we are extremely excited for this tour. Europe is, naturally, the very first territory on the list to conquer, and then we'll see where we head next.

"We have still not made any final decision on which bands we will bring with us on this massive tour throughout Europe, but we are working on putting together really strong three-four band bill. Interested parties are welcome to submit their interest to our booking agency at www.dragon-productions.eu."

"Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus", the new album from DARK FUNERAL, will be released in North America on January 26 via Regain Records. The CD, which was made available in most European countries between November 18 and November 27, was recorded at Abyss Studio in Grangärde, Sweden with famed engineer and legendary producer Peter Tägtgren (PAIN, HYPOCRISY). Nine songs are featured on the effort, which is being described in a press release as "the band's most technical and varied album to date. And while still being true to their roots, they have taken a great step forward in the evolution of their brand of fine Swedish black metal. 'Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus' is, from the very beginning to the end, a hell ride you simply don't want to miss!"

The "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus" cover artwork was created by Morbid (Daniel Valeriani).

"Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus" is being released in a couple of different formats, including a two-disc limited edition containing one CD and one live DVD. The bonus live DVD features approximately 55 minutes of previously unreleased material professionally filmed with six cameras during the band's 15th anniversary show at the Peace & Love festival on June 28, 2008 in Borlänge, Sweden. The album will also include two versions (soft and hardcore) of the band's brand new video, "My Funeral".

"Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus" CD track listing:

01. The End Of Human Race [4:43]
02. The Birth Of The Vampiir [4:50]
03. Stigmata [5:06]
04. My Funeral [5:30]
05. Angelus Exuro pro Eternus [5:04]
06. Demons of Five [4:48]
07. Declaration of Hate [5:24]
08. In My Dreams [6:30]
09. My Latex Queen [5:21]

* Video clip: "My Funeral" [2 versions]

Bonus DVD (limited edition only)

Live at Peace & Love festival on June 28, 2008 in Borlänge, Sweden:

01. Intro
02. King Antichrist
03. Diabolis Interium
04. The Secrets of The Black Arts
05. The Arrival of Satan's Empire
06. Goddess of Sodomy
07. 666 Voices Inside
08. Vobiscum Satanas
09. Hail Murder
10. Atrum Regina
11. An Apprentice of Satan

DVD credits:

* Film production by Year Zero
* Professionally filmed with six cameras
* Sound engineering by Henrik Wenngren
* Sound recording by Erik Sjölander
* Mixed by Erik Sjölander at Studio Wasteland [Uppsala, Sweden]
* Pyro by Unique Pyrotechnic AB


Maldivian metallers NOTHNEGAL have issued the following update:

"Guess it's time for an update on the developments on our upcoming album. We have completed writing all songs that would appear on it and currently in studio going through the recording process and even though we have been working on these songs since last July we are still perfecting/fine-tuning them to make sure we achieve what we are really looking for.

"We focused mostly on creating a more unique sound which differentiates us more and the result turned out to be almost something completely different from what we had with 'Antidote of Realism' EP, but we still managed to keep the melodic keyboard elements intact while getting them to sound darker and epic than before.

"We have nine songs completed for the album and they have some really heavy/thrashy/groovy riffs, with Kevin [Talley; DAATH, MISERY INDEX, CHIMAIRA] keeping the drums aggressive and technical while Marco [Sneck; POISONBLACK, KALMAH, CHARON] have the keyboards dark and yet melodic. We are very excited about everything and impressed with outcome of the combined effort from our new lineup and the material we are coming up with this time. The songs contain a little bit of everything from thrash metal, groove metal, death metal to black metal and doom so we believe that the material is quite diverse as well. Apart from that, we have also incorporated some atmospheric ambient sounds/noises in the songs which are unique to the Maldivian environment.

"A track from the new album album will be available for streaming on our MySpace soon and as you may have noticed, the MySpace layout have been updated a bit since we thought it needed that. But it will soon be updated again with the brand new album artwork theme which is done by our friend Aaron Marsh of Sons of Nero who have done some killer art for some of the best bands out there.

"As for the release schedule, it is yet unknown. But keep checking our MySpace for more updates on the album and the band."

NOTHNEGAL's "Antidote of Realism" EP was self-released by the band earlier this year. The CD was produced by Anssi Kippo, who has previously worked with CHILDREN OF BODOM and NORTHER, among others.


Finnish modern thrash/death-influenced metal band DEAD SHAPE FIGURE has signed a deal with Dynamic Arts Records. The group's second album, "The Disease Of St. Vitus", is tentatively due in the spring.

Commented vocalist Timo "Galzi" Kallio: "In the middle of our songwriting sessions, we woke up to reality that there still was no papers signed and no deal done for our second album... we had just turned down offers this far. There were a few labels we wanted deal with; the only problem was none of them knew it at the time! The most thing was, that we wanted to communicate as friends in order to make some business and not to deal with corporate-office-somebody and make business at any cost.

"The name of the album, 'The Disease Of St. Vitus', comes from the Finnish poet's Panu Tuomi's book called 'Pyhän Vituksen Tauti'.
"I have translated and arranged the poem book with Tuomi's kind help and permission. This is the very first time ever Tuomi's poems have been translated in English.

"This album is going to be more organic and dimensional. It's easier to turn on but it takes more time to dive in. It very much represents DEAD SHAPE FIGURE today. It also probably gives some hints where we are going tomorrow. It ventilates and snaps necks more than hyperventilates and acts up."

DEAD SHAPE FIGURE's debut album, "The Grand Karoshi", was released in 2008 via Season Of Mist. The CD's lyrical content was recently translated by Kallio into Finnish as a book of poetry, entitled "Loppusäkeet". The song "Blithering Icon" is available for streaming using the audio player below.

For more information, visit www.deadshapefigure.fi.

Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL will play a hometown concert in Bergen on January 9, 2010 at the USF Verftet venue.

Tickets are available at www.billettservice.no.

"All Shall Fall", the new album from IMMORTAL, sold around 3,300 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 162 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at No. 7 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"All Shall Fall" entered the German chart at position No. 33 and Finnish chart at No. 20. In the band's home country, the CD landed at No. 23 in its opening week and moved up to No. 21 the following week.

"All Shall Fall" was released in North America on October 6 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD, which was issued in Europe on September 25, was recorded at Grieghallen and Abyss studios in Norway and Sweden, respectively.

The "Blashyrkh Limited Edition Bag" version of "All Shall Fall" includes:

* Digipak version of "All Shall Fall"
* Logo t-shirt (size of your choice)
* Abbath's replica battle axe in the form of a stainless steel pendant
* Four buttons
* Double-sided poster
* Special black IMMORTAL plastic bag

"All Shall Fall" was also made available in the following formats:

* Standard jewelcase CD
* Limited-edition digipack
* Limited-edition 180g vinyl
* Limited-edition picture disc
* Limited-edition box, only available through Nuclear Blast webshop

"All Shall Fall" track listing:

01. All Shall Fall
02. The Rise Of Darkness
03. Hordes To War
04. Norden On Fire
05. Arctic Swarm
06. Mount North
07. Unearthly Kingdom

Bassist Ole Vistnes of Norwegian metallers TRISTANIA has issued the following update:

"We have been awfully quiet the last few months, I know, but we've not been lazy. I still can't reveal any more details on when the new album is coming out, but I can tell you a little about where we stand right now.

"We have now written all the songs that are going to appear on the album. Me and Anders [Høyvik Hidle; guitar/vocals] sat down this entire weekend and worked through every detail, turning every stone. There are still a few minor changes to be made, but all in all the songs are done.

"It's going to be diverse and varied like before, and both me and Anders agree that it still sounds unmistakably like TRISTANIA. I don't feel like blowing up expectations too much, but there are a couple of tracks that are really going to treat the fans of large, powerful, melancholic metal.

"We have not started the studio sessions yet, but the preparations are going strong. We are going to record the album in a couple of different studios in Norway this time, and have our producer/mixer mix it in a studio of his choice. I have visited several studios in the Oslo area to check out their availability, and if I feel like it is the right place to record our songs. I must say that especially the studio that we intend to record the drums in really impressed me. They have hi-end real vintage gear, and an amazing room that should really be able to catch the atmosphere and make it really heavy. We also have a very special surprise that we are working on. I can't say anything concrete, but it is not a new thing.

"Like I said before, I can't say yet when the album is coming out, but I can promise you that we will start recording very soon."

Songtitles set to appear on the new TRISTANIA CD include "Patriot Games", "Year of the Rat", "The Emerald Piper" and "Sirens".

Professionally filmed video footage of TRISTANIA performing the new song "The Emerald Piper" at this year's Wacken Open Air festival can be viewed below.

TRISTANIA recently announced the addition of guitarist Gyri Losnegård to the group's ranks.

The band played a couple of shows this past summer with guest vocalist Kjetil Nordhus (ex-GREEN CARNATION, TRAIL OF TEARS) filling in for Østen Bergøy, including this year's Wacken Open Air festival, which was held July 30 - August 1, 2009 in Wacken, Germany

TRISTANIA in 2007 announced the addition of Italian singer Mariangela "Mary" Demurtas to the group's ranks.

The band's latest album, "Illumination", was released in January 2007 via SPV. The CD was recorded at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany with producer Waldemar Sorychta (LACUNA COIL, TIAMAT, GRIP INC.).


POISONBLACK and KYLESA have been confirmed for next year's installment of the Summer Breeze festival, set to take place August 19-21, 2010 in Dinkelsbühl, Germany.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

BEHEMOTH
DARK FUNERAL
DARK TRANQUILLITY
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
HYPOCRISY
KYLESA
OBITUARY
ORPHANED LAND
POISONBLACK
SEPULTURA
SUBWAY TO SALLY



------------------------------------

For MetalHeads Who Want To Have there say!
Long Live The Power Of METAL!!!
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeavyMetalHeaven/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeavyMetalHeaven/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
HeavyMetalHeaven-digest@yahoogroups.com
HeavyMetalHeaven-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
HeavyMetalHeaven-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment